Wow! As I went to pair the new remote to my Roku device, I noticed that there is no pairing button.
What can you do when your Roku remote isn’t working?
What can you do when your Roku remote hasn’t a pairing button?
This article will show you how to fix your Roku remote’s problems, and pair it with your Roku TV or Media player.
What Is the Pairing Button on a Roku Remote?
The pairing button and status light are located on the back of a rechargeable voice remote (such as the Roku Voice Remote Pro), and under the battery cover on a voice remote that uses AA or AAA batteries (such as the Roku Voice Remote and Roku Enhanced Voice Remote).
Do all Roku remotes have a pairing button?
No, Not all Roku remotes have a pairing button.
If you do not see a voice button, you have a Roku simple (IR) remote that cannot issue voice commands.
Which Roku remotes have a pairing button?
- Roku Voice Remote Pro
- Roku Voice Remote
- Roku Enhanced Voice Remote
Which Roku devices support voice commands?
(Note: to find the model: go to the home screen and select Settings > System > About)
|Roku TV™||all models|
|Roku Streambar Pro||9101R2|
|Roku Smart Soundbar||9101|
|onn.™ • Roku Smart Soundbar||9100|
|Roku Express||3900, 3930, 3960|
|Roku Express+||3910, 3931|
|Roku Express 4K||3940|
|Roku Express 4K+||3941|
|Roku Streaming Stick®||3600, 3800|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||3810, 3811|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K||3820|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+||3821|
|Roku Premiere||3920, 4620|
|Roku Premiere+||3921, 4630|
|Roku Ultra||4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800, 4802|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662, 4801|
|Roku 3||4200, 4230|
How to sync a Roku remote without a pairing button
- You can sync a Roku Voice remote without using the pairing button through the Roku mobile app.
- The Roku Voice Remote has a pairing button, but if it’s not working, you can use your smartphone to control the Roku.
- Roku’s Simple Remote doesn’t have a pairing button and doesn’t need to be paired, because it uses an infrared
Roku remote doesn’t have a pairing button
If your Roku remote doesn’t have a parking button, you need not pair it.
If you still want to use voice commands to control your Roku device, you can use your smartphone or buy a new Roku Voice Remote
How Sync Roku Remote Using Your Smartphone
Please connect your phone to the same WiFi network with your Roku device is all you’ll need.
- Search for the Roku app in your smartphone App Store/Play Store.
- Download and install the Roku app.
- Ensure that your phone and Roku device are on the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Roku app on your phone and tap the Remote option. With the Remote option, you will be able to control your Roku device.
- Now, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices option on your TV.
- Choose the Pair New Device option.
How to sync a Roku remote that has a broken pairing button
If your Roku remote has a pairing button but it’s not working properly, please use your smartphone to sync your Roku remote.
How to Fix a Roku Remote That Won’t Pair
Another way is to replace your Roku remote and sync it with your device.
Step 1 Replace The Batteries
Unpair Your Old Roku Remote
- Press the home, pairing, and back button at the same time.
- Keep pressing until the LED light blinks three times.
- Wait for a few seconds. The remote will unpair itself.
Pair Your New Roku Remote
- Turn on the TV.
- Tun on the Roku device.
- After the Roku logo appears, insert the batteries into the remote.
- Press the pairing button in the battery compartment.
- Keep pressing until the pairing light starts flashing.
- The device will automatically start the pairing process. This might take a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I pair my Roku remote without the pairing button?
You can pair your Roku remote without the pairing button by going to the Home screen of your Roku device and then selecting the Settings option. In the menu, select the Remotes option and then choose the Pair Remote option to pair your remote.
Q: How do I reset my Roku remote without a pairing button?
You can reset your Roku remote without pairing the button by turning off the Roku device and unplugging it from the power source. Now, take out the batteries from your remote and wait for 30 seconds. Then, restart your device, wait for the Home Screen to show up, and use the remote.
Q: How do I manually connect my Roku remote?
To manually connect your Roku remote, open the battery compartment and look for the pairing button there. Press and hold the button until the LED lights start to flash. \
Q: How Do I Pair My Roku Remote Without the Old Remote?
You need to unpair the old remote first.
- You need to press the home, pair, and back buttons simultaneously
- Hold the buttons until the light blinks three times
- The remote will unpair itself after a few seconds
Q: How to Sync a Roku Remote Without a Pairing Button and No Wi-Fi?If you can’t sync your remote using the smartphone app, you can try the “pair remote” option. The option helps you sync your Roku remote without a pairing button or when you do not have Wi-Fi connectivity. Home -> settings -> remote options